Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Week of School

 
Well, the first week of school was great, but so hectic!  It has turned out to be a blessing that I am teaching 4th and 5th grade, which I knew it would be. 
Fun-loving 5th Grade
First of all, my kids are so sweet even though I have had to be really hard on them.  (and, no, I am not just saying that.  I have had to be tougher than I ever have before, in a good way).  Fifth grade was the
grade that worried me
most simply because
it was older than what
I had taught before, but
they are great kids! 

Secondly, because they are learning
English as their second language, I am having to use some of the curriculum that I had used for third and fourth grade before and it is sooooo helpful to have a background with the curriculum!  It makes lesson planning so much easier when you know what is coming up in the curriculum! 

Adorable 4th Grade






My teaching partner Julie is so wonderful . . .
Julie and her husband Domingo
      so kind and very helpful.  She teaches Spanish to a lot of the missionaries so she speaks English pretty well.  That is a huge blessing because my Spanish is terrible!



Here are some of pictures of my classroom, although it is hard to tell what it really looks like. 
Before . . .
My favorite part of the room - this beautiful cabinet
to keep all of my books,etc. in!


My desk, books, and chalkboard



Making progress: the chalkboard and calendar are up and there are 21 desks in the room now

And after  . . . (My theme for the beginning of the year is volleyball, in case you couldn’t figure that out).
Good work "bulletin board"
 
Classroom jobs.  It is not posted, but the verse that is
supposed to be next to this is Philippians 2:5-7 "Let this mind
be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who . . . took upon Him the form of a servant"
Class Rules
"Getting to Know You" activity for the first day




No comments:

Post a Comment