Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blog Name

When I was trying to decide what name to choose for my blog, I had all kinds of ideas running through my head (none that creative because I am not a creative person, but ideas nonetheless).  I looked through one of my favorite passages which you see below: Psalm 78.  Over and over as I read through the Psalms and even the prophets, I am amazed at how we are told to declare the works and the glory and the name of the Lord!  I remember when I read that for the first time.  I just couldn't believe that that's what God has called us to do.  So simple, yet so huge.  I thought it was much mroe complicated.  So that is where the name for the blog came from.  I am going to the Dominican Republic in a couple months, and I'm excited!  Yet the job there will be the same job I had with my students here - declaring the works of God.  Sometimes when I tell people that I am going overseas to teach, I feel as though they put me on a pedestal, like I am doing some great thing.  It is God that does the great things and we just get the privilege to tell about them.

3 comments:

  1. Nicole! You have a blog. I am so excited to see what God does through you! Have fun declaring it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog title explanation- great choice! I am so excited to follow your blog journey. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I am totally blog-illiterate. Just found these comments :)

    ReplyDelete