Saturday, August 11, 2012

Traveling

Day 1 in the DR
It’s time!  We left the house at 4:05am to head to Port Columbus International Airport.  After spending a week of packing and re-packing, checking lists and re-checking lists, I was ready to go. 
My itinerary was:
6:00am – 7:30am Columbus to Atlanta.
Board in Atlanta immediately after landing.
8:15am – 11:55am Atlanta to San Juan , Puerto Rico
Arrive in San Juan and stay for 6 hours
6:20 pm -7:32pm San Juan to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Arrive in Santo Domingo, go through customs, meet the person picking me up at the airport.
Drive about an hour to San Pedro de Macoris.
Meet my new home.

Traveling to San Juan and Santo Domingo by myself was interesting.  Although I have flown overseas more than once, this was the first time on my own.  I have to say, I think it is more fun traveling with other people . . . it is kind of hard to entertain yourself in an airport for 6 hours with no cell phone and no internet J  Really, though, there were no problems – I made it through security, my bags weren’t overweight, they arrived properly in Santo Domingo, no major “mishaps.”

So far the only thing that I realized I don’t have is my camera cord to post pictures from my camera L  Will have to figure out how to fix that . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment