Friday, April 24, 2015

The last couple of weeks have been busy, but exciting!  Here’s a quick update:

Church Meetings

I had the privilege of visiting Calvary Bible Church just across town on April 12 and Fellowship Baptist Church in Wadsworth, OH on April 19. 

For those of you who don’t know, Calvary is the home church of my high school, Northside Christian School.  It was such a blessing and privilege to speak there!  Besides a quick visit earlier this year, I hadn’t been to Calvary in probably 10 years, so it was an added blessing to see what amazing things God has done in and through the church in that time!  We serve a God who is at work!  One of the “funnest” parts of pre-field ministry for me has been the opportunity to see God working in so many ways and in so many churches!  Thank you, Calvary, for the wonderful visit: I left both encouraged and challenged by your love for God and for the Gospel!

The meeting with Fellowship Baptist Church also went well!  We ate lunch together after the morning service and then had a Q/A time.  I really enjoyed getting to meet many members of the congregation on a more personal level during lunch and seeing their hearts for the Lord and His work.  It never ceases to amaze me how God knits together the hearts of His people: though we may be “total strangers” at first, we have an instant bond because of our Savior!

Work
In the last month, I havev started substitute teaching at a local charter school and teaching ESL online classes.  Between the two, I have been kept pretty busy; but I am thankful for the work!

Support

Generous love offerings & gifts from individuals have given sacrificially, moving my Outfit-and-Passage level to 77%!

A new church took me on for support this week, bringing my current monthly support level up to 43%!

*Be sure to check out the newly updated pie charts on the “Get Involved” page.*

No comments:

Post a Comment