Saturday, May 23, 2015

God is in the “little” things…
(This post is a little delayed, but it’s never too late to tell what God has done, right?  Right.)

So, I took my car in to get checked at the end of April because it had been doing weird things like shaking a lot when I was braking.  I was afraid something might have been loose.  I expected to just take the car in and wait a couple hour and, hopefully, they could tell me what was wrong with it.  Well, it turns out the driver’s side airbag was recalled so I was given a rental vehicle for about a week while they waited for the airbag to come in.  I didn’t complain.  I’d been putting a lot of miles on my vehicle traveling on the weekends, so who would mind putting miles on someone else’s vehicle?

Long story short, I ended up having the rental vehicle for almost 3 weeks.  When I finally went back to get my car, I got the bad news: there was a whole list of things wrong (brake pads, struts, and a whole lot of stuff I don’t remember).  Basically the car has so many miles that it’s not worth putting the money into.

At first I was depressed.  I still need the car for a lot more road trips to churches and volleyball camps.

I haven’t yet decided what I’m going to do about the car, but I realized that God had given me an incredible blessing: the weekends that I had my rental car where the weekends of my two furthest trips (a 2 ½ hour trip to Elyria, OH and a 3 hour trip to Whiteland, IN).  I guess I had been kinda hoping for a miraculous report on my car when I got it back.  God didn’t do that.  But He did provide for my needs.  I had a reliable car for those two trips and I didn’t have to put the miles and stress on my own vehicle. 


God doesn’t always provide how we expect, but He does always provide just what He knows we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment