Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Spanish Lessons

Well, I finally decided that it was worth it to pay for Spanish lessons so that I could learn it faster.  Although, I could probably study on my own, I don't seem to have the motivation by the time I finish my schoolwork each day.  I am taking lessons from Julie, my co-teacher.  She's great!  Our class consists of 2 guys from YWAM (youth with a mission), Mary - 3 month intern with the women's ministry here, and me.  The 2 guys have been taking lessons for a while and Mary and I have both had Spanish previously, so we are all about on the same level.  I actually remembered more than I thought in some ways but I have forgotten a lot of the conjugations and meanings of words.  I guess 10 years out of Spanish class with no practice will do that to you.  That should come back pretty quickly, though.  Julie just said that Mary and I need "hablar, hablar, hablar."  If we practice speaking for an hour a day, it will come pretty quickly she says, which is probably true, but I get so nervous to speak it . . . especially when I only know 2 or 3 words in a sentence.  I tried speaking to our secretary Evelyn and my teaching assistant Ronand in Spanish; and even though they were easy sentences and I knew all of the words, I got so nervous that only half of it came out in a VERY American accent. . . Practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment